Thursday, July 14, 2011

Day 2 of Google+

Yesterday I said goodbye to Facebook and Hello to Google+, and I must say that I'm feeling a bit lonely right now. The transition from being overwhelmed with annoying and somewhat meaningless posts to almost nothing has been a rough one. This should be expected though seeing that Google+ is still just starting out and not many people have even heard of it yet.

I'm going to start with the things I don't like about Google+ first and then move onto the things that I do like.
  1. There are a limited number of people using Google+
  2. I can't post on someone else's Stream
well, that's it for the things that I don't like, I know, the list too long to even look at. Now for the things that I do like.
Circles: The idea that I can keep my friends/acquaintances seperated into little groups that are simple to manage is awesome!
Stream Posting: People can't post garbage on my Stream anymore. I know I said that this bothered me, the more I think about it, the better this idea sounds.
Plus I don't have to dig through 6 layers of security anymore to block the stuff I don't want to see.

However, my favorite part about Google plus is being able to post Streams to specific Circles. Now if I want to tell everyone except my wife that we're having a surprise party for here the option is right there out in front.
As this is only my second day using Google+, I'm sure that I'll find many more things that I like about it and want to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment